Don’t be mean, Don’t be hated, Human rights shouldn’t be violated
WHAT WE DO
Our work is focused on ushering in a society where each individual is able to fully realize one’s potential as a human person, to participate effectively in the economic, political and cultural life, and to share equitably in the benefits of economic progress.
As a service institution for the Filipino people, we aim to:
- Deepen awareness, knowledge, and understanding about human rights conditions, issues, and mechanisms;
- Work for a dynamic human rights movement that is able to mobilize sectors and
groups for timely and effective intervention in the promotion and defense of human
rights by making available human rights knowledge and tools in information
handling and dissemination
- Help ensure state compliance with its human rights obligations through active
monitoring and engagement;
- Strengthen cooperation and partnership with local and international networks in the
conduct of human rights activities through lively exchange and sharing of
- Enhance capability of organizations and communities in the promotion and defense of human rights through education and training on research, advocacy and information handling and dissemination.
- Initiate and facilitate access to human rights intervention and support for families and communities whose rights are systematically violated or denied