PhilRights envisions a just, democratic, peaceful and prosperous Philippines founded on a culture of human rights and gender equity. It envisions a society where each individual is able to fully realize one’s potential as a human person, to participate effectively in the economic, political and cultural life, and to share equitably in the benefits of economic progress.
To achieve this, PhilRights seeks to empower Filipinos, either directly or through their organizations by:
1. Deepening awareness, knowledge and understanding of PAHRA and the general public about human rights conditions, issues and mechanisms;
2. Working for a dynamic human rights movement that is able to mobilize sectors and groups for timely and effective intervention in the promotion and defense of human rights, by providing human rights information and tools in information handling and dissemination;
3. Helping ensure state compliance with its human rights obligations through active monitoring and engagement;
4. Strengthening cooperation and partnership with local and international networks in the conduct of human rights activities through lively exchange and sharing of information; and
5. Enhancing people’s capability to promote and defend human rights through education and training on research, advocacy, and information handling and dissemination.